In the 39 years we’ve been in business we come across a lot of different insurance agencies and brokers. Most are caring, well intentioned however quite a few are incompetent, order takers who write policies then forget you.
We want you to know our office offers “Boutique Service” where you deal with one person, the owner, who has 39 years experience, is text book and street smart. When you call in seconds you get him on the phone, your issues are dealt with immediately, he does not fee you to death and offers “IBM” service. In addition, he has 50+ insurance companies to shop your account with so you get excellent coverage at GREAT rates.
- How often does your broker come see and review policies with you? How often do they make coverage recommendations? —
- Does he/she shop your insurance regularly or roll over your policies each year with the same companies? —
- Do you like your broker, trust him/her? The reason we mention this is because we’ve met quite a few brokers over our lifetime they know more than their customers but are idiots dressed in suits. Hope we made you laugh! —
- Who services the day to day on goings of your account? Is it one person or do you get a different person each time? Does your account get bounced from one person to the next? Do you have to deal with a call center? Alert: Most Customer Service Personnel are nice people but they have 50, 100, 150+ accounts to service so plenty of mistakes are made. Our office on the other hand is like a “Rodeo Drive” boutique. You deal with the “Top Person” and never have to wait for anything! —
- Does your broker have the right expertise for your industry? For example, if you’re a New York Contractor who has their General Liability with a Surplus Lines insurance company, do you believe they know the policy exclusions, restriction, ins and outs of each policy form? Let us assure you these type policies are NOT written to pay claims so it’s very important they be designed by a “Construction Insurance Expert” and this person really knows what they’re doing. —
- How easy is it to get them on the phone? I personally find it so annoying to call, get an answering machine, push buttons and leave a message. Then with everyone working remotely, not hearing back from them for hours, days, sometimes ever. —
- If you require certificates of insurance, how quickly do you get them back? Is it minutes, hours or days? Do they often have mistakes? Do you have to pay a fee for each certificate? —
- Do they fee you for everything? Hundreds, thousands per policy? For instance some organizations charge up to a 10% service fee to service your Worker’s Compensation coverage. That is a very high fee to add to a very costly coverage.
Well that’s it for this article! If you’re unhappy with your present agency/broker, please call 914-806-5853 and speak with Gary Wallach. He is one of the most caring, helpful and knowledgeable brokers we’ve come across in a while. He is responsive, operates like doctors did in the 60’s that made home calls and had very personal relationships with their patients (client’s).
BGES Group’s office, located in Larchmont, NY is a full service insurance agency offering, Property, Liability, Umbrella Liability, Business Auto, Bid & Performance Bonds, Inland Marine, Worker’s Compensation, New York State Disability, Group Health, Life insurance, Personal lines and Identity Theft.
BGES Group are Worker’s Compensation Specialists for the States of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut – Issues we address: 1) Lowering pricing – we have specialty programs that can save you up to 40%; 2) Finding a new company; 3) Replacing policies that are being cancelled or non renewed; 4) Audit disputes; 5) Company creating fictitious payroll at audit time; 6) Lowering high experience modifications factors; 7) Misclassification of payrolls; 8) Lowering or eliminating renewal deposits; 9) Getting coverage when you’ve been without for a few months; 10) Covering multiple states under one policy; 11) Eliminating 10% service or policy fees; 12) Timely issuance of certificates; 13) Always being able to get someone on the phone or by email when you need to.
Special Contractor Insurance Programs (NY, NJ, CT) – We we have 50+ insurance companies to market your general liability, umbrella liability, business auto, workers compensation, bid & performance bonds and group health coverages. We help contractors set up proper risk transfer mechanisms. If you’re a contractor we offer extensive information about insurance markets, coverages, risk transfer mechanisms, subcontractor screening, ways to lower your insurance costs that lower them.
Company: BGES Group, 216A Larchmont Acres West, Larchmont, NY 10538
© – Copyright – 2021 – BGES Group